Little People, BIG DREAMS: Captain Tom Moore
In this book from the critically acclaimed Little People, BIG DREAMS series, discover the life of Captain Tom Moore, the veteran who raised over £30 million for the NHS during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. By buying a copy of this book, you are making a donation of 3% of the cover price to NHS Charities Together.
- 'Teach your kids the power of determination by showing them Captain Sir Tom Moore's picture book biography' -The Metro
- 'A fun book to read with your children, to remind them that no dream is ever too big!' -OK! Magazine
- 'Gorgeously illustrated and beautifully rendered ode to the great man himself...' -Yorkshire Reporter
Once there was a humble boy from Yorkshire called Tom, who was born with his feet firmly on the ground. His determination and courage saw him and his comrades through the worst crisis the world had ever known: World War Two. So when a new crisis struck in 2020, just before his 100th birthday, Captain Tom knew just what to do.
Aiming to raise £1,000 for the NHS by walking 100 laps of his garden, his story soon became known all over the world, with people donating so much that he quickly raised over £30 million! Captain Tom's story shows us that, by coming together, we can dream bigger than ever, and that when the going gets tough, you just have to keep on walking. This inspiring book features stylish and quirky illustrations and extra facts at the back, including a biographical timeline with historical photos and a detailed profile of the Captain's life.
- Author: Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Frances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- ISBN: 9780711262072
- Published: 29 Sep 2020
- Dimensions: 203 x 247 x 12 (mm)
- Interest Age: Children